The CSL Group has a combined 100+ year heritage in the development and manufacture of vaccines and plasma protein biotherapies, significantly contributing to medicine development and improvement of human health. Over 20,000 employees in more than 30 countries are committed to ensuring the best medical therapies are produced. Our major facilities are in Australia, Germany (Marburg), Switzerland and the U.S.
As a global biotechnology company and part of the CSL group, CSL Behring is focused on life-threatening conditions, our patients are our passion. We offer the broadest range of quality plasma-derived and recombinant therapies in our industry. Our ability to innovate and deliver life-saving medicines for patients with unmet medical needs around the world has earned us a reputation for putting patients first. We listen closely to understand their challenges and develop therapies that provide meaningful benefits. Our commitment to save lives and protect the health of people around the world is strong. We pursue newer and better therapies, ensuring greater access to our medicines, and ultimately, improving the quality of life for those in need.
For our R&D Hub in Marburg / Lahn, we are looking for two Graduate R&D Trainees, who are interested and willing to develop and grow into roles of increasing responsibility within our organization. The planned starting date is January 1st, 2019 (later starting date possible up until March 1st, 2019).
Graduate R&D Trainee (f/m)
As part of the CSL graduate rotational program you will go through a future-oriented 24-month timeframe where you quickly take over responsibility in interesting R&D projects in different locations (primarily based in Marburg, Germany plus one rotation abroad) and become part of our international team. In order to prepare you for your potential future in R&D, you will learn about industry structures and processes under the direction of experienced colleagues and get to know a broad variety of CSL´s R&D departments.
Possible assignments include Early Stage Research, Plasma or Recombinant Product Development, Global Regulatory Affairs, Global Clinical Development, Global Clinical Safety & Pharmaco-vigilance and R&D Project Management. The rotational (3-4 rotations) program will be individually designed with focus either on Process Development/Scientific technical aspects or R&D interdisciplinary activities providing you with ample opportunity to gain visibility based on your achievements and results.
Your activities in this interesting opportunity include:
- Research: Understanding the roles and responsibilities within product development and the place in the pharmaceutical development value chain, i.e. analytical development, process development, manufacturing support
- Process Development: Product development and the place in the pharmaceutical development value chain, i.e. analytical development, process development, manufacturing support. Standardization and validation of analytical and manufacturing methods in pharmaceutical development and routine manufacture
- Project Management: Leading defined expert teams in assigned projects with respect to quality, cost and timelines
- Regulatory: Provision of regulatory support for a range of investigational or licensed product in close collaboration with managers from the various GRA functions
As a R&D Trainee, you welcome the possibility to create and contribute to a positive and energetic environment. As a self-organized and proactive person, the following skills and experiences will help you to be successful in this trainee program:
- Master’s degree in natural sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics), Pharmacy or equivalent education, a PhD is of additional value
- Fluent English language skills are a must; additional languages are beneficial
- Able to rapidly familiarize with assigned tasks and experienced in biological, chemical or biochemical area with detailed knowledge in specific fields of R&D
- First experience in working with international teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, sense of responsibility and ability to adjust to new challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on delivering a high level of customer service
- Willingness and flexibility, ability to adapt to different environments and potentially spend rotation abroad
What can you expect:
- Salary based on the attractive tariff agreement of chemical industry
- Flexible Work Environment
- Individual Training and Development Opportunities
- Continuous Coaching through a senior internal mentor
- Excellent internal job opportunities after completion of trainee program
How to apply:
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please send these only to our cooperation partner Provadis through their application portal as soon as possible and before December 9th 2018. Please specify your earliest possible starting date in your application.
For further information on the application process visit https://www.provadis.de/weiterbildung/trainee-programme/csl-trainee-program/.
As a global organization with employees in more than 30 countries, CSL Behring embraces diversity & inclusion and is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all.