PACKAGING ENGINEER (M/
We are looking for a Packaging Engineer to join our YT Germany team based near Forchheim. Your key task in this newly created role is to develop innovative packaging for all our YT products (bikes, accessories and wear) and be responsible to ensure that all requirements from the different departments at YT are fulfilled. The position reports to the Director Product Development.
- Interact with Marketing, Quality Management, Operations and external partners to enable the most innovative and brand-enhancing packaging designs in the industry.
- Develop environmentally friendly packaging going beyond regulatory requirements at the direction of the Quality and Compliance team.
- Develop packaging specs & colors, while managing costs ensuring high quality via testing.
- Participate in the selection of vendors and work alongside them to develop process and materials.
- Benchmark packaging used by competition and other industries to keep abreast of innovations and trends.
- Project Manage the creation of Manuals ensuring technical inputs from R&D, compliance reviews, copywriting, and graphic design are all completed on time.
WHAT YOU BRING IN
- Technical education for example in Packaging Development or Product Design.
- Work experience of 3 to 5 years in a related field
- Proven track record of innovation, ability to work with and influence diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of sustainability and reusable packaging systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English and German
WHAT WE OFFER
- An open-minded family culture
- Training possibilities in the company's own gym
- A cool team, with a free coffee flat rate
- After-work rides with your YT family and legendary company parties
- With the Franconian Switzerland one of the most beautiful bike regions, directly in front of the door
To this day, YT focuses on mountain biking and offers a wide range of products from downhill and enduro to trail bikes as a direct-to-consumer brand. YT bikes are distinguished by their high quality for an exceptional price. Be it Red Bull Rampage, Downhill World Championships, or World Cups, YT bikes have dominated at the most challenging events and carried world-class athletes to major titles.