the professional possibilities within avantor
Regional Information Security Officer,
EU (m/ f/ d)
The Regional Information Security Officer - EU works as part of the Avantor Global Information Security team and is responsible for managing and aligning the regional IT, business and supporting functions with Global policies, processes and standards. Key responsibilities include interfacing with business and IT representatives to help drive the global information security strategy and supporting initiatives. The position requires experience managing projects, technical knowledge on security processes and technologies. Additionally, the candidate should have strong relationship building capabilities. These skills will help the candidate to analyze IT Security risks and translate the risks to business and/or IT partners and execute processes to prioritize, plan and manage remediation of gaps.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure regional compliance with global IT Security policy, standards and requirements
- Report out of regional Information Security status to global IT Security
- Risk management and prioritization based on global, regional and country needs
- Help ensure compliance with local laws and regulations pertinent to IT Security
- Manage and assist in collaborating with global and local personnel on incident response, breach prevention and digital forensics
- Delivery of Information Security projects for the region
- Ensure and improve IT Security awareness among local employees
- Management and development of metrics to provide visibility of compliance
- Develop formal metrics and KPIs to help provide insight and progress of management and control of the function to relevant management
- Train and develop teams on processes and capabilities and ensure processes are properly documented from end-to-end, including involvement of other teams and functions
- Resolve problems independently and understand, define and/or refine escalation processes and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study preferred; at least six years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong interest in technology and a desire to learn and grow in applicable technologies field is required. Skills and knowledge must be kept current, including ongoing active pursuit of certifications
- Preferred experience managing personnel in a global environment
- Experience developing and implementing Information Security strategies in a global organization
- Preferred strong communication and management skills and experience working in a global matrixed environment
- Strong experience managing a team and interacting with various teams in order to socialize and gain agreement on execution of necessary activities
- Practical expertise with TCP/IP networking required
- Requires taking responsibility for the interaction and overall success of managed services
- Technical knowledge on a number of security technologies required
- Solid understanding of information security and networking required
- Extensive experience interacting with customers required
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required
- A passion for information security and data security required
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills required
- Process workflow focus required with strong interpersonal skills including excellent written/verbal communication skills
Working in a dynamic environment.
Attractive salary package in line with your qualifications and experience.
Dominik Kalthof, Talent Acquisition Partner
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.