the professional possibilities within avantor
Technical Analyst (m/
The Technical Analyst will support the Technical Group of Product Data Analytics mainly in data maintenance, database development and process automation.
Self-organization, being a team player as well as the ability to think out-of-the-box is crucial for this job.
Focus is to move the company to a new, modern, automated database system, resulting in a more efficient data handling.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support in developing the structural part of our data hub.
- Prepare data to fit into our data tables, perform consistency checks on this data and load them into the right tables.
- Create SQL queries for the generation of reports based on our data world.
- Create Import-/Export-interfaces to connect other data sources and target systems to our data hub.
- Maintain our data hub regarding content (loading bigger amounts of data sets, creating procedures for consistency checks etc.) and structure/functionalities (changing table structures, adapting stored procedures/SSIS packages etc.).
- Implement new techniques, like machine learning and artificial intelligence, to support further automation of the data maintenance.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Education level: University degree (minimum Master) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote); SQL (MS SQL server, MS Access), higher coding languages; ML and AI techniques
Workplace-related personal skills:
Ability to work in a team *****
Communication skills ****
Organisational ability *****
Commitment and enthusiasm ******
German: Basics B1/B2 level required
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.
Learn more at www.avantorsciences.com