Director Global Customer Service (M/
Reporting to the Global COO, the Director Global Customer Service is responsible for engaging all of YT to develop strong customer relationships and happy bikers by delivering operational excellence and service leadership through a global operations team of currently 30 employees spread across 3 geographies (Germany, UK, US) and by developing and rolling out the customer service strategy. This global role is critical to supporting and delivering on YT’s ambitious growth targets.
The Director Global Customer Service will bring best-in-class operational rigor to YT’s Customer Service organization and empower our agents to serve our demanding and passionate customers in the “YT way”. The Director will serve as the Voice of the Customer internally at YT, collecting feedback from the service team to drive customer focus into other functions across the company, and empower the entire YT team to deliver customer delight across all product lines and geographies. It is critical that this function understands how to work backwards from customer needs and can build processes and structures to integrate customer feedback into our operations. This leader will also champion a global customer mindset throughout the organization.
- Professional and personal development of the Customer Service Team in 3 locations to ensure a higher level of service and consulting quality for our customers
- Strategic development and responsibility of customer service with a continuous view to ensuring a positive customer experience
- Development and implementation of a company-wide customer strategy to maximize customer loyalty
- Act as the "Voice of the Customer" within YT, surfacing and resolving pain points and making a joyful experience through continuous improvement, working closely with key internal stakeholders such as Product, Technology, Site Experience, Workshop and Marketing
- Team-wide expansion, optimization and harmonization of our global CS processes in close cooperation with IT and, if necessary, external service providers
- Planning and responsibility of budget and resource requirements for customer service and related cost control and reporting
WHAT YOU BRING IN
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading a similarly sized customer support organization across multiple geographies. This leader will bring a proven track record of delivering results in customer service quality and efficiency, and of executing on ambitious goals to elevate the customer experience. He will have experience working with technology leaders to develop and implement multi-quarter technology roadmaps.
This leader must be able to build, inspire and develop cross-functional teams and drive a culture of excellence and customer delight. They will be effective in working in a global service environment, and in articulating and delivering customer value. The successful candidate will be a customer-obsessed, data-driven, agile individual with high operating standards. He will have the ability to both conceptualize at a high level and dive deep into customer issues and processes, identifying root causes & resolving them.
Interpersonally, this executive will have strong collaboration and influencing skills, with a strong bias for action. They will not just drive operational excellence in their own organization but be a voice and catalyst for change throughout the organization, leading by example and compelling YT to become more customer focused across all facets of its business. While the role is located in our global Headquarters in Forchheim Germany, it is critical that this person be comfortable working across languages and time zones and to build strong business relationships in English.
- 10+ years in Customer Service and 5+ years in Management role
- Experience managing a customer service P&L
- High degree of service, quality and customer orientation
- Open and positive charisma
- Enjoy communicating with people
- Strong English and German language skills, additional language skills are an advantage
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Hands-on mentality and problem-solving and organizational skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An open-minded family culture
- Training possibilities in the company's own gym
- A cool team, with a free coffee flat rate
- After-work rides with your YT family and legendary company parties
- With the Franconian Switzerland one of the most beautiful bike regions, directly in front of the door
To this day, YT focuses on mountain biking and offers a wide range of products from downhill and enduro to trail bikes as a direct-to-consumer brand. YT bikes are distinguished by their high quality for an exceptional price. Be it Red Bull Rampage, Downhill World Championships, or World Cups, YT bikes have dominated at the most challenging events and carried world-class athletes to major titles.