JUNIOR BACK-END DEVELOPER (M/
You want to contribute to our lifestyle brand and establish YT as the number one in the mountain bike industry? You share our values "Live Uncaged" and want to offer our customers the best experience? Then take the chance and join our web team at our headquarters in Hausen as a Junior Back-End Developer. You will report to the Global Web Director and work alongside front-end developers, full-stack developers and designers to create and maintain the technology on the back-end of our website, with full support from the senior back-end developer.
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating closely with our senior back-end developer and with the rest of the development team to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Recording data and reporting it to the web director
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Supports in the integration of various middleware and services (Lobster, SAP, Salesforce, Jira)
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
WHAT YOU BRING IN
You are coming with a first good experience on web development mainly focused on Back-End technology and languages.
The best candidate will have a high interest on scoping and understanding operational processes and turning it into powerful and efficient digital system.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as PHP, Python, SQL and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques such as REST API, DRY and tools
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Willingness to sit at desk for extended periods
WHAT WE OFFER
- An open minded family culture
- Training possibilities in the company's own gym
- A cool team, with a free coffee flat rate
- After-work rides with your YT family and legendary company parties
- With the Franconian Switzerland one of the most beautiful bike regions, directly in front of the door
To this day, YT focuses on mountain biking and offers a wide range of products from downhill and enduro to trail bikes as a direct-to-consumer brand. YT bikes are distinguished by their high quality for an exceptional price. Be it Red Bull Rampage, Downhill World Championships, or World Cups, YT bikes have dominated at the most challenging events and carried world-class athletes to major titles.