the professional possibilities within avantor
Manager Transportation Network (m/
As Manager Transportation Network working with a team of 4, you are responsible for an effective, efficient and stable transport network. Managing business requirements, coming from different internal stakeholders and/or customers/suppliers concerning delivery services by selecting appropriate service providers. You are finding best cost and service balanced solutions, both to serve customers and to develop the collaboration between suppliers and our supply chain in area of transportation. You are the decision maker and communicator for the changes within the transport network.
Job Location : Bruchsal, Germany or Leuven, Belgium
Your main focus areas:
- Development of transport solutions along the supply chain within the European logistics team
- Measurement and continuous improvement of the performance and related cost of contracted transport service providers
- Preparation of service level requirements, transport tendering in cooperation with corporate sourcing and final implementation of the services within our network
- Identification of potential needs for adaptations to the network due to changes within the market requirements, legal obligations or capacity constraints by using available high level forecast information. Definition of requirements for particular new transport flows.
- Leading key projects in transport & network design including analysis of relevant transport data
- Driving regular project and performance review sessions with the stakeholders in corporate functions and local logistics
- Ensure with local team and partners to get agreed SLA’s and KPIs
- Supporting and participating in any cross functional or company initiative
- Working in a continuous process improvement culture within our network organization
- Logistics or Supply Chain B.Sc. or comparable, desired post graduate MSc or MBA. Alternatively extensive business record in international logistics or supply chain (min.5-7 years).
- Successful track record of leading/managing complex projects in international logistics and supply chain
- History of managing and executing in international matrix environment
- Combination of excellent analytic skills with communication and negociation skills.
- Willingness to travel, mainly within Europe (up to 50%)
- Extensive knowledge in SAP and dangerous goods transports is an advantage
Working in a dynamic environment.
Attractive salary package in line with your qualifications and experience.
Learn more at www.avantorsciences.com
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.