the professional possibilities within avantor
Transport Manager Europe (m/
As Transport Manager Europe you are acting in one of the key areas within our distribution functions. You act as an expert to all corporate and local functions to assure execution of European distribution strategies. You are a skilled and trustful partner to our service providers in the logistics industry.
You would like to contribute your part to the sustainable success of Avantor? Then start with us as Transport Manager Europe (m/f/d) and take on the following tasks:
Job Location: Bruchsal, Germany or Leuven, Belgium
- Development of transport solutions along the supply chain within the European Distribution team
- Measurement and continuous improvement of the performance and related cost of contracted service providers
- Preparation of service level requirements, transport tendering in cooperation with corporate sourcing and final implementation of the services within our network
- Design and implementation of enhancements of processes and related SAP functionalities
- Leading key projects in transport & network design including analysis of relevant transport data
- Driving regular project and performance review sessions with the stakeholders in corporate functions and local logistics
- Logistics or Supply Chain B.Sc. or comparable, desired post graduate MSc or MBA. Alternatively extensive business record in international logistics or supply chain
- Fluent language skill in English (written and spoken) and another language is a plus
- Successful track record of leading/managing complex projects in international logistics and supply chain
- History of managing and executing in international matrix environment
- Willingness to travel, mainly within Europe (up to 50%)
- Pharma (GDP) and dangerous goods transports is an advantage
- Profound knowledge in customs procedures and SAP is desired
- Working in a dynamic environment.
- Attractive salary package in line with your qualifications and experience
- Interesting, varying, and independent activity
Dominik Kalthof, Talent Acquisition Partner
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world.